Thia Maria’s Kourambiedes
“Greek Wedding Cookies”
- 250 grams Bitam (butter)
- 5 tsp. confection sugar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs whole
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, shredded
- Self rising flour
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer, until it begins to turn white.
2. Mix in the baking powder. Add the eggs and oil into the mix and continue mixing. Add vanilla, baking powder and walnuts.
3. Gradually add the flour, until the dough is neither too soft nor too firm.
4. Take small amount of dough and shape into small rounds or into half moons and place on buttered plan, flatten with the top of your hand.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 – 20 minutes.
6. When completely cooled, roll in confection sugar and serve!